[pchelpers] Re: Cable testers, etc.

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 16:42:41 +1200

I have one very like the Paladin Tools PC Cable tester in my workshop.
It has proven itself valuable so far for testing BNC and printer cable,
RJ45 network stuff and even a FastLynx cable (for PC connection via
printer ports). It is excellent for a workshop like mine, often dealing
with faulty equipment. The cost was similar to those you listed,
although I am less familiar with those telecom models you provided.
Scott McNay wrote:

>Hi folks,
>
>My cable tester fried the other day, when I tested the cable between a
>time clock and computer, forgetting that the time clock got power
>through the cable.
>
>I've spent most of today looking for a replacement tester.  I've found
>several that looked interesting for one reason or other, along with
>similar devices.
>

>--

Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246