[patriots] Fwd: Fwd: Kosher food

  • From: Jack Lewis <ukpatriot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Patriots <patriots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 14:23:37 +0100

Hi All,
I have been thinking about Halal and Kosher food preparation. Like most of you I was sickened by the idea that Muslims were given special treatment about how their meat was slaughtered. My problem was more with giving-in to them rather than method used. The Jews have always been using this method. Before stunning was introduced this was the normal method of slaughter.

On checking further into this I have discovered something that I never knew before about Kosher foods. The Jewish food laws extend to a great many products (totally unconnected with Old Testament dietary laws) and for those products to be termed Kosher the manufacturer has to pay the Jews for the privilege. This inflates the cost to all of us. Below is a link to explaining how this Kosher tax works. In the interests of balance I have included a rebuttal in the second link.

Kosher Tax http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDNEH5v4Jtw

Rebuttal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEfwlCq6v0M

The Bible tells Christians not to get too uptight about eating foods sacrificed to other gods and idols since they are of no account, although "unclean" food should always be avoided where circumstances permit. However some Christians may have a 'conscience' problem with it and Christians who do not have this problem should be sensitive to their feelings and abstain.