[pasweatherwatchers] Re: Friday, Ward Academy, May 8, Weather

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "insanas@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: pasweatherwatchers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, starstuff@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 09:07:59 -0400

Terri, the following are 8 weather forecasts as of 5:45 am Wed morning for 6-9
pm Friday night in Tempe:

NOAA 24-19% clouds 9%
rain 15-10 mph wind

Intellicast 3-2% clouds
0% rain 12-9 mph wind

yr.no 10% clouds
0% rain 13 mph wind

Accuweather 38-79% clouds
1-0% rain 13-9 mph wind

TWC 10% clouds
0% rain 10-15 mph wind

Skippysky 10% clouds
? 5-15 mph wind

Weather undgd 3-2% clouds
0% rain 12-7 mph wind

Weather spark 26% clouds
? 12-10 mph wind

The above shows that 7out of 8 predict few problems with clouds, 5 out of 6
no problem with rain, and all eight show slight problem with wind but it
should be acceptable.
At this point I would not cancel this star party with solar at 6:30 pm (the
brightest object in the sky) and then Jupiter and Venus ( two bright objects)
for night sky viewing.
We should continue to monitor the situation up to Friday morning. Take care, Sam