[pasteurstation] :Inder Cover"

  • From: Rayne McCloud <raynemccld@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasteurstation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:25:30 -0400

ON

Lt. Tenza heard the engineer's message to the caprain.  He glanced at his console.  "Confirmed, sir.  The sub mode is ready to deploy."

"Let's give it a whirl then, Tenza," McCloud said.  He wondered how they would know if it was successful.

"Engaging now, sir," Tenza reported.  He activated the new control, and glanced up to the viewscreen.  "Nothing seems different."

:No.  It certainly doesn't," Rayne agreed, somehwhat disappointed.  Then he turned to the science officer.  "Ensign M'Leesa.  Send out a sensor probe.  take it out 20,000 kliometers then turn it on us.  I want visual as well as passive and aggressinve scans."

"Aye, sir," M'Leesa acknowledged.  She launched the probe as ordered.  Within two minutes the probe was in place and sending back data.  "Sending te probe visual to the screen now, Captain."

Rayne looked to the viewscreen.  The image switched from the starfield in front of them to that of a Firegon battle-wagon.  "Well, I'll be a hog-tied Danteri," he said, looking at the image.  "What do the sensors say?"

"Passive sensors say we are a Firegon batle-wagon, sir," M'Leesa reported.  "Aggressive scans do penetrate the image and show the Dauntless' true form."

"Commander McCloud to Ensign Darrow," McCloud said hitting the comm switch.  "I owe you a drink.  This thing actually works."

to be continued.....
Commander Rayne McCloud
Executive officer
Pasteur Station, Deep Space 21