[pasmembers] Re: need suggestion on purchasing binoculars

  • From: LPhxAZ <lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 14:11:18 -0700

that is a good point about the exit pupil, Bob.

"When the rings are well-positioned (tilted to our view), the resulting image
looks more like an egg."

that was Galileo's experience too.  it was only when Christian Huygens viewed
Saturn 40 years later with a larger telescope that the rings were seen as a
separate object.