[pasmembers] Re: Tonight

  • From: Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 22:10:52 +0000

Many times I have gone out there with iffy forecasts and had really good skies
– I’d go for it. Last night was supposed to be murky, but transparency turned
out to be excellent with DSO’s showing really clearly with good contrast.
Seeing was not great but for what I was doing it didn’t matter.

Happy viewing – wish I could join you again tonight!

Eric

From: kjwitts@xxxxxxx<mailto:kjwitts@xxxxxxx>
Date: 10/10/2015 2:18 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Dewell Howell <dewellhowell@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:dewellhowell@xxxxxxxxx>>,
Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx>>

I'm going

---- Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Ok, I'm going to go to the All Arizona star party tonight based on the
expectation of clearing and at least a "pretty good" forecast.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 12:47 PM Howard Moneta
<hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Yeah it is predicted to clear tonight with maybe a bit of cloud cover at
midnight or later then clearing again. I'll probably decide in an hour in
case the report changes.
On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 12:45 PM <kjwitts@xxxxxxx<mailto:kjwitts@xxxxxxx>>
wrote:

The "Clear Sky" site for antennas looks pretty good right now...the
Phoenix metro area looks awful

---- Dewell Howell <dewellhowell@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:dewellhowell@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:
I am telling you, someone needs to fund a correlation study between the
new
moon and cloud formation. ugh.

Well if tonight gets canceled I totally could make tomorrow work. I was
planning to sleep in the car as usual anyway. I would just need to roll
out
by 6:00 am to make it to work on time Monday morning.

Dewell

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 12:10 PM,
<kjwitts@xxxxxxx<mailto:kjwitts@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

Howard, Sam, please post once you make a decision. If you guys decide
skip tonight, I will as well.

I was planning to head there at 4:00, so notice one way or the other
before that would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
---- Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
It looks terrible right now with reports of clearing tonight to
around
20%
cloud cover. On the fence...

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 11:33 AM Eric Steinberg
<eric@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:eric@xxxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

Hi –

Skippy and ClearSky seem to indicate it will be doable, though
Sunday
looks better at this point.

*From:*
pasmembers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pasmembers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Earl DeLong
<astro_6155@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:astro_6155@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
Date: 10/10/2015 10:02 AM (GMT-07:00)
To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [pasmembers] Tonight

Fairly cloudy here in North Glendale. Is everyone still going
tonight?

Earl