[pasmembers] Re: Fwd: Fwd: Re: Meteor sighting over Arizona?

  • From: Leah S <lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: insanas@xxxxxxx, kjwitts@xxxxxxx, primefactory@xxxxx, pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 07:59:32 -0700

Sam, that's what it sounds like, but I forwarded it to the listserve for exactly the reason you described - i.e., to hear from other members, especially those who are most expert on this topic.

On 6/2/2016 7:53 AM, insanas@xxxxxxx wrote:

If any PAS members have an idea please discuss this today on our listserve. Then,Kevin, if we get some responses from PAS members, especially you, Suzanne and Mike, who are meteorite experts, please contact james.crugnale@xxxxxxxxxxx with whatever the consensus is.
As Secretary of PAS it is best if you keep up your relations with the media as spelled out in the new bylaws of PAS.
Thanks, Leah for forwarding the inquiry to our PAS members. I am not an expert, but what about a bolide? What do people think? Sam

Date:   Thu, 2 Jun 2016 10:25:25 -0400
From:   James Crugnale <james.crugnale@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     Astronomy-Questions@xxxxxxxxx

My apologies! I meant, Phoenix Astronomical Society!

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 10:24 AM, James Crugnale <james.crugnale@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:james.crugnale@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Dear Phoenix Astronomy Association,
    Hi there, I'm a science editor at the Weather Channel and I'm
    emailing to confirm that the mysterious bright light in the sky
    was a meteor.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/what-was-that-bright-light-streaks-across-sky
 Do
    you have more information about this sighting?

-- *James **Crugnale *|Associate Editor - Science
    *w:* 212-476-0211 <tel:212-476-0211>*e:* james.crugnale@xxxxxxxxxxx
    <http://weather.com/apps>

--
*James **Crugnale *|Associate Editor - Science
*w:* 212-476-0211*e:* james.crugnale@xxxxxxxxxxx