[pasmembers] Re: Dark sky trip in August

  • From: Kevin Witts <kjwitts@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2015 10:45:11 -0700

I'm going to pass on tonight. I can't make Sunday, due to work. Maybe we'll
have better luck next month.

Good luck to anyone who's going to try either tonight or tomorrow.

Kevin

On Aug 15, 2015, at 9:38 AM, Dewell Howell <dewellhowell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So what do we think about tonight? I see on Accuweater in will be partly
cloudy most of the evening. Does anyone have a better weather site than
accuweather?

I am 50/50 on tonight. If others want to give it a shot Ill go too. If
nothing else it might be a good recon trip for Cherry Road and future star
parties. I have never been there.

I think anyone who can go tomorrow really should consider it the weather
looks way better tomorrow night. If I didn't have to work Monday I would
totally go Sunday.

Dewell

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 5:27 PM, Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I could do Sunday.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 5:20 PM, Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sunday night actually doesn’t look bad. I’m supposed to have a gig on Sunday
night, but if it cancels, I’ll consider going to Cherry Road…

Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 12:34:25 -0400
From: kjwitts@xxxxxxx
To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx

The Dewey-Humboldt show the same...cloudy at 9:00, clear at Midnight,
cloudy at 1:00, clear at 2:00

I'm willing to give it a try if the group is, maybe we should assess
tomorrow morning?

Kevin
---- Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Which weather station do you use for Cherry road?

I looked at Dewey Arizona,Cherry Arizona, and Cottonwood Arizona as
sources
but I'm not sure which is the most localized.

When I looked earlier this morning, it showedcrain in the afternoon then
clear in the night. Now it shows 50% cloud cover all night.

Last night was clear. Why does this happen to us?!
On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 7:39 AM Kevin Witts <kjwitts@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The forecasts I looked at show 45-50% cloud cover all night Saturday
into
Sunday.

Doesn't look good…

On Aug 14, 2015, at 7:08 AM, Dewell Howell <dewellhowell@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I am seeing that it will be partly cloudy to clear at Cherry Road
tomorrow
evening, with a possible thunderstorm in the early evening. That isn't
great but things may still change. I could probably wait until the mid
afternoon to finally decide to go or not.

Is anyone else seeing anything different?

Thanks

Dewell

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 2:33 AM, Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds good to me.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:53 AM, Dewell Howell <dewellhowell@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Those are my thoughts as well Howard. With how sporadic the clouds
have
been the last few days, it feels too early to call.

Dewell

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 1:29 AM, Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Let's not give up on Saturday night just yet. A couple of the
forecasts
show clearing over the weekend. Keep an eye on the Cherry Road area
and
hope for the best.

Howard

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 8:14 PM Terry Dancer <tmranger86@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

That was supposed to say

I can't do Friday because I work on Saturday. Haha

Sent from my iPhone 5S

On Jul 31, 2015, at 7:48 PM, Howard Moneta <hmoneta@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I'm in!

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 7:42 PM Kevin Witts <kjwitts@xxxxxxx> wrote:

It looks like Terry can't make it on Friday, so Saturday might be a
better bet, but the weather will drive this, obviously. Between
either
Friday or Saturday, we should be able to do something.

On Jul 31, 2015, at 7:31 PM, Dewell Howell <dewellhowell@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Cool looks like we have a lot of takers for Friday and or Saturday,
now hopefully mother nature cooperates with us.

On Fri, Jul 31, 2015 at 6:23 PM, Terry Dancer
<tmranger86@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I can't do Friday because I work on Sunday. I can do Saturday.
I'll
just set up a tent and sleep over till the morning. Maybe bring
some
rockets to shoot off I'm the morning.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

On Jul 31, 2015, at 6:05 PM, Earl DeLong <astro_6155@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Count me in for Cherry Road on Friday 8/14 or Saturday 8/15
weather
permitting.

Earl

------------------------------
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 17:22:50 -0700
From: dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you go to the Saguaro astronomy website, they have a link for
observing sites, and one is Cherry Road. You go N on I 17 and
turn left on
169. Then you go about 5 miles west to 372 (looks like a forest
road). Then
go south about one mile and you are there. I would like to go but
the
weather will make it unlikely. Sam