[pandaro] Re: Memory sticks

  • From: "Chris Bell (Lists)" <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pandaro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2015 20:26:45 +0000 (GMT)

Chris Evans (CJE/4D) <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The relevant full output from USBInfo may be informative.

> Do you have any other RISC OS computers with USB (Excluding Podule
> based USB)?  If yes do they work on it?

USBinfo:
  Iyonix: Freiya Technology Corp
          release CA 8c
          USB 2.00
          status 3
          Hi-speed (480 Mb/s)
          500 mA

  Panda:  It doesn't show up.

Mount stick, save and load files:
  Iyonix: fully functional, 100% normal.

  Panda:  doesn't mount.

Reformat stick:
  PC:     formats FAT32 normally.

  Iyonix: !FAT32Form shows it in its menu, but reports
          'No USB Drives found' when I click OK.

  Panda:  It doesn't show in !FAT32Form menu.

So although the problem is only partially Panda-specific, partially
Panda-specific it is nonetheless!

> > I want to get to the bottom of this before I dare to buy any more
> > memory sticks!

> Those we sell we guarantee to be compatible.

Of course - I was expecting you to write that, Chris!  I may be putting
in an order shortly.

Chris Bell.