[Pack163] Blue and Gold Dinner Planning

  • From: "Rob Landquist" <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pack163@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:36:07 -0600

Dear Pack 163 Families,

This year's Blue and Gold is quickly approaching.  Our theme this year is
"Celebrating Our Diverse Heritages" (Name subject to change if someone has a
better way to say it!)

It is important for our scouts to understand that although we all are
Americans, we all have different family backgrounds.  Giving them this
knowledge and experience will hopefully teach them the need for acceptance
and tolerance.  Not to mention, I think it will be a TON of FUN!

I will be sending out a survey to every family.  I will be asking about your
families heritage, stories of family members that immigrated to the USA, and
if anyone is willing to give a short talk to the pack about those
experiences.  It would be awesome if someone who actually immigrated here,
or is the child of someone who immigrated here would be willing to talk to
the pack.

One idea that I need input on is possibly asking families to bring hors
d'oeuvres or desserts from their family's culture.

I need lots of help to pull this off!  I would like to get at least 1 or 2
people from every den to help.  There is a lot to plan and lots of decisions
to make.

Please let me know ASAP if you are willing to help make this Blue and Gold a
great celebration of our diverse heritages!

You can respond to this email or call me at home (262-436-9513.

Yours in Scouting,

Rob Landquist