[p900] Re: "serial port in reverse"

  • From: Robert Szabo <robbiesz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p900@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 16:08:07 +0100

Alfonso Martone wrote:

>>I'm not much of a programmer but I was hoping to find out if it may
>>be possible to use the P910 serial port in reverse. By that I mean,
>>

>This is technically feasible only if you find some way to convert any
>of the infrared/bluetooth/usb outputs to the rs232 standard.
>
>I was able to print data directly from the phone even with a Nokia 7110
>(via infrared to a LaserJet 4 which had an infrared port). Do Cisco
>routers have an ir/bt/usbserial port?
>
>Software: you can start from the (free) sources of p3nfsd, which uses
>in "serial" mode the ir/bt/usbserial channels to drive up a nfs
>connection.
>
>alf

Don't P9x0s have RS232 ports? I think (correct me if im wrong) P9x0
communicates with the cradle over a high-speed (4x115200baud) RS232
port. Then the cradle puts the signal to USB and then sends over to the
PC. Basically the cradle is an RS232-USB converter.

What do you think of that?

cheers,
Robbie