[p900] "serial port in reverse"

  • From: Alfonso Martone <a.martone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: p900@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 15:52:23 +0100

> I'm not much of a programmer but I was hoping to find out if it may
> be possible to use the P910 serial port in reverse. By that I mean,

This is technically feasible only if you find some way to convert any
of the infrared/bluetooth/usb outputs to the rs232 standard.

I was able to print data directly from the phone even with a Nokia 7110
(via infrared to a LaserJet 4 which had an infrared port). Do Cisco
routers have an ir/bt/usbserial port?

Software: you can start from the (free) sources of p3nfsd, which uses
in "serial" mode the ir/bt/usbserial channels to drive up a nfs
connection.

alf