[oxnatbees] Jane's cast

  • From: "Louanne Richards" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> ("louannerichards")
  • To: oxnatbees@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2022 21:20:38 +0100

Hello Paul & Jane
We walked in the last part of Jane’s cast after tipping a good portion of the swarm directly into the skep.  Wasn’t possible to plop them all in together.  Because it was getting late we eventually encouraged the bees to walk in through the nadir entrance as well as the skep entrance. They got the idea beautifully and were very calm.
This is the photo taken at 8.45pm.  As you see some stragglers bunched up at both entrances.I will go out again soon to see if they all managed to get in.
Paul - I seem to remember being advised to seal the entrances for the first night of occupation in their new home.  I can’t imagine that they would try to vacate the skep during the night so I am thinking that I must have misunderstood?I’d be grateful for your advice.
Jane - many thanks for our beautiful new bees.  I hope they will settle in happily.   Louanne

JPEG image