[overture] Re: FWD: Overture Installation Manual

  • From: Bill Henshaw <henshaw@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, maboualiedu@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:07:36 -0800

Hi Mohammad,
 Note: you will need to join the newsgroup if you want to post a question.

  Sorry for the poor quality instructions for Ubuntu and Mac's.
I have never built Overture on Ubuntu so I would need someone
else to provide the steps. There is some info on past postings.

Not all installations are created equal -- I don't recall needing to
install Zlib on the Mac but I could be wrong.

...Bill

Subject: Overture Installation Manual
From: Mohammad Abouali <maboualiedu@xxxxxxxxx>
To: overture@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

Is there any installation instruction available for overture on Ubuntu
and/or MAC that actually works? I highly appreciate it, if one can
help me with that.

Prior to compiling HDF5, one must compile and install Zlib. But there
is no mention of this (even remotely) on current installation
instruction available at

https://computation.llnl.gov/casc/Overture/henshaw/install/index.html

I appreciate your help.

regards,