[ourplace] Re: monday

  • From: Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 09:44:09 -0700

Hi, Linda,

I'm trying to watch what I eat too. I'm sorry you're having so much pain. When I went to the doctor in June, my blood pressure was 150/70 which is a little high so he increased the medication I take in the afternoon to five milligrams instead of 2-1/2. Too many hamburgers and ries--hahahahahahahahaha. Seriously, I do need to cut back on that for awhile.

Rosie

On 7/4/2016 9:33 AM, Linda Gehres wrote:

Wow, sounds like you’re always busy. Glad your family is doing a lot of getting together, and it sounds as though you’ve got a number of great cooks in your family. Sounds like your Monday was good indeed. I’ve already been out to breakfast at a burger place which not only sells burgers whenever you want them but pies made from scratch, and of course, French fries. I’ll have to soon do away with the diet Coke, fries and pie, as I’ll be going on a very strict diet to try to lose weight so I’ll be able to regain stamina despite knee and shoulder arthritis. The shoulder arthritis I may be able to overcome with therapy, and the knee arthritis with just weight loss. I’d never been in so much pain as I’ve been in the last few months, and I knew I needed to make a decision about which was more important—the processed foods I was loving and eating, or the pain. My mom found out about a diet program from my sister-in-law in Washington, D.C., and when I heard about it, I told my mom that I was finally ready to do something about my weight issue, that before the shoulder arthritis set in, there really wasn’t a problem as I could get to walking about a mile, but now doing half a mile is a huge struggle for me. Maybe you’ll inspire me to keep on track.

Linda G.