[ourplace] Re: Update on dental appointment

  • From: Karen Delzer <catwacky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 11:31:31 -0800

Well, Chris, you don't want to give up your dentist appointments because dentures are horrible in many ways. Add nuts to your snack list, too. They're high in protein and fat, as well.

Karen

on 11:24 AM 2/7/2017, christopher hallsworth said:

Hello on this Tuesday, hope all is well. I'm also doing well.

Here is an update on my dental appointment which took place today at 10:30.

All went well, except yet again I've got to have more fillings, the same place the fillings were last time. The dentist is blaming the fortisip I am on for the cavities. For those who have never heard of fortisip, it is a nutritional supplement to help increase calory intake, something that means a lot to me and those who are constantly underweight despite eating a generally balanced diet. We also need food high in fat, and fortisip can help, except it is very sugary, as you would expect from a nutritional supplement. So decided to ring my PCP to make enquiries, and I have a phone appointment this Thursday 9 February between 13:30 and 14:00. I would like to know if there are any alternatives, because if not, I'm thinking of giving up going to the dentist for regular checkups if I'm to have fillings all the time. Maybe you can help, please? Smile. I am currently researching cheese and meat snacks as a possible alternative. I would have milkshakes, but they contain "empty" calo
 ries and
are again very sugary. I would eat chocolate daily, but while they are high in fact, they are also high in sugars. Can't win grrrrr! Anyway cheers for any offers.

You are subscribed to Ourplace (
ourplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
). To unsubscribe, send blank email with "unsubscribe" in the subject line; do not include quotation marks:
ourplace-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
. To contact the owner or moderator, send email to
ourplace-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
. Please do not put your complaints on the list. Thanks for your cooperation!