[otb] OTB Update 8-27-08 Home Sweet Home

  • From: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Freelists" <otb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:13:26 -0400

Dear Friends & Family in The Lord:

Wow!  A lot has happened since I last wrote.  Thank you for all your prayers!
 We are somewhat moved into a three bedroom house in a nice neighborhood near
Nate?s high school.  Tim and Evan helped us unload the two trailer loads we
had been carting around and a couple more loads from the storage unit before
they and I had to leave to get them to college: Tim in McPherson, Kansas (See
his address below) and Evan to Spring Arbor, Michigan.  (We haven?t made it
that far yet, so I?ll have to send that address along later.) I am in Tim?s
dorm room while he and Evan go and find Tim?s storage unit here in Kansas to
get the things he will need for setting up his room tonight.  (They had more
room to take stuff if I stay here.) Meanwhile, Vic and Nate are digging their
way through the stuff we moved into the house so they can live while I am
gone, most of a week.  As soon as they get back, we are off to Spring Arbor,
by way of Kentucky to pick up Evan?s roommate.

I am so glad to be able to write that we are moving into a house.  I was so
discouraged from looking at houses and looking at apartments and talking to
banks, and realtors, etc. etc. and finding that nothing we could afford that
was suitable was available.  We cannot get financing to buy until we have
adequate support for a year.
Rent in a military town is astronomical because they can get it.  It is as
high or higher than a house payment.  We finally found a great house on a rent
to own basis.  After we have support for a year, we will finance it and buy
it.  God is so good.
?       Thank the Lord for our new landlord.
?       Praise the Lord for His provision.
?       Pray for our support needs to be met.  (We are at between 40 and 50
percent
of what we need.)
?       Pray for Nate who is at his first day in public school, even as we
speak.
?       Pray for Evan and Tim as they start college classes next week.
?       Pray for favor with God and the body of Christ as we seek partners for
our
work with One Way and new opportunities for ministry within and outside the
body of Christ for Out of the Box.

Here is the address at which Tim can be contacted. One for us too:

Victor T.J. Schiro                              Victor, Linda, and Nate Schiro
Central Christian College                       P.O. Box 21013
1200 S Main, P.O. Box 1403                      Cheyenne, Wyoming  82003
McPherson Ks 67460

http://www.otbusa.org
the Subject field.