[orgprints] "lost" eprints in the submission buffer

  • From: Hugo Alroe <hugo.alroe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orgprints@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:00:00 +0100

Dear all,
I found some "lost" eprints in the submission buffer, that is, some that
were not affiliated with any country, and which were therefore not visible
in any of your buffers. I attached them to the relevant country, so a few of
you will have some new (old) items appearing in your buffer. If they are no
longer relevant - if another eprint has later been entered for the
paper/project/etc. in question - then please delete them.

I don't know how this has happened. Since the affiliation to
country/organisation/project is  required, the user should not be able to
deposit the item without affiliation. However, it seems to happen now and
then, though quite rarely. If anyone has experienced how this can happen,
please let me know.
-Hugo