Re: ye olde 1521

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hporas@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 08:30:10 -0700

I believe it very much depends on the platform and potentially some IP
config parameters. It may also have changed over time with the advent of
the internet and the need for firewalls. If every new connection
requires a new - random - port # then there is a need to punch many
holes into the firewall. I believe that at point Oracle adopted the
option for all connections to use the same port.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation