RE: what is the main purpose of cloning a database.

  • From: "SHEEHAN, JEREMY" <JEREMY.SHEEHAN@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dofreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 09:46:29 -0500

Testing is my number 1 reason for cloning a database.  Nothing should ever be
put into production unless it was tested first.  Frequent (weekly/monthly)
clones ensure that your test environment stays current with production.

Jeremy
P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really
need to.