Re: upgrade from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 gives 100s of invalid objects

  • From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 13:19:57 +0200

If you can afford the downtime, drop and re-create the database using only
the options you actually need. There's a nice doc on metalink (733824.1)
that shows step-by-step how to do this using TTS, thus minimizing the time
needed. I've done this several times, because having this many options
really increases the chances of something going wrong during upgrades.

And have you tried to re-start in UPGRADE mode, and simply re-running
catupgrd one more time ? That often helps.
Make sure you log its output, and if something goes wrong, look at the first
couple errors that occur.

And I see you mention your plan is to actually move to 11g -- then why
botehr with 10.2.0.2 ? IIRC you can go directly to 11g from anything above
9.2.0.8 (there's a matrix that illustrates this in the upgrade guide of each
target release if I'm not mistaken).

Stefan

=========================

Stefan P Knecht