Re: testenvironment aix or Linux

  • From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 14:43:30 +0100

On 12/08/05, Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I am an Oracle DBA. I use Oracle to pay the bills. Yes, I am dependent upon
> it. I used to
> depend on VAX/VMS but since the demise of DEC, I am using various versions of
> Unix: SCO,
> AIX, Solaris, HP-UX and Linux. My favorite one is HP-UX. I don't know much
> about Debian.
> They haven't motivated me to learn it, so I am blissfully ignorant of them. I
> prefer it to
> stay that way.

I recently had to install Debian as part of a project I'm doing to
rollout Linux as a desktop and small server OS (replacing Windows
domain controllers and small application servers) in Libraries.
Debian's installation is possibly akin to having a cavity search or
root canal surgery, most likely both at once.

Very unpleasent.  That level of user hostility cannot be accidental,
IMO no-one could accidentally write an installer that bad.

Stephen