Re: sync EM metrics with database metrics

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bobby Curtis" <curtisbl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 09:00:04 -0400

That doesn't help the problem where the metric already exists in the EM but not
in the database dba_thresholds table as result of a clone.

>>> Bobby Curtis <curtisbl@xxxxxxxxx> 7/11/14 8:58 AM >>>
Jeff,

Have you looked at monitoring templates in OEM12c?  Monitoring templates allow
you to set default metrics and then apply them or use them with new targets
that are added to OEM 12c.

Bobby

On Jul 11, 2014, at 8:23, Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Given that we have some EM 12C metrics set, i.e. user blocks and they appear in
the dba_thresholds view. The database is then cloned with RMAN and the metric
no longer appears in dba_thresholds. As a result, we go into EM and change the
metric value for the missing metrics to a new value and then back to the
original value to cause EM to update the dba_thresholds view. Is there a way to
cause EM 12c to resync its values with the database other than having to do a
dummy value change?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Lead Database Administrator
Information Technology Department
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113
.

.