sync EM metrics with database metrics

  • From: "Jeffrey Beckstrom" <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-db-l" <oracle-db-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 08:23:38 -0400

Given that we have some EM 12C metrics set, i.e. user blocks and they appear in
the dba_thresholds view. The database is then cloned with RMAN and the metric
no longer appears in dba_thresholds. As a result, we go into EM and change the
metric value for the missing metrics to a new value and then back to the
original value to cause EM to update the dba_thresholds view. Is there a way to
cause EM 12c to resync its values with the database other than having to do a
dummy value change?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Lead Database Administrator
Information Technology Department
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

.