RE: stdby and Oracle licensing

  • From: "David" <thump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 14:33:25 -0800 (PST)

I'm referring to the standby piece specifically.  I'm clear on failover
and don't think that has changed.
Has the standby agreement changed or have I just been clueless this long.
I have even posed thi to ORacle sales last year and was told:  "Standby is
covered under EE and has no additional cost"

Now, it costs additional EE licenses under the same model to cover both
servers...
Did'nt always used to be like that I'm quite sure.

--
..
David