RE: sqlplus on HP-UX

  • From: "Adams, Matthew (GE Indust, ConsInd)" <MATT.ADAMS@xxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:08:12 -0400

Try running  'chatr sqlplus' in both environments and examing the top
few lines to see what happens if the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set.  If
SHLIB_PATH searching is enabled, see what the value of that
environmental variable is.

Example:

$  chatr sqlplus
sqlplus:
         64-bit ELF executable
         shared library dynamic path search:
             LD_LIBRARY_PATH    enabled  first
             SHLIB_PATH         enabled  second
             embedded path      enabled  third
/oracle/10.2.0/sqlplus/lib/:/oracle/10.2.0/lib/:/usr/lib/hpux64:/opt/lan
gtools/lib/hpux64