RE: sqlplus on HP-UX

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sxmte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 13:09:05 -0400

I used to work on both OS's over 5 years ago so forgot to much to
respond.

   But I can say that on Solaris 64-bit, for Oracle 9 you set it, but
for oracle 10g the Install docs say not to anymore.   So perhaps the
change has been there all along and is just a difference between your
OS's and versions.   Eg.  HP-UX checks the variable, if not set follows
the path.  Tru-64 doesn't check at all.

My first inclination is to double check the install docs and see if they
say to explicitly set or not for each os.   This theory is predicated on
wh
at the install docs says.

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator