RE: sqlnet.ora and tcp node checking on issue

  • From: "QuijadaReina, Julio C" <QuijadJC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Newman, Christopher" <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 20:41:41 -0500

Thanks Chris,

That indeed is the case here. Just a few clients access the database this way.
Most come through an app server. Perhaps the fix here is to use a firewall or a
fixed IP.

I just can't believe that not resolving or finding a node on the network would
cause such an important component as the listener not to start. It would seem
more logical to just ignore the node or client that can't be found. Or maybe
Oracle means by "node" - a cluster node that is supposed/expected to be present
in order for the cluster to work properly. To me a node means just another
computer on the network.

Julio