RE:some TAF (tough) questions ?

  • From: "Amihay Gonen" <AmihayG@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 09:31:31 +0300

Hi, I've found answer to first question . I must use tnsnames (or ldap)
for TAF

http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14212/namin
g.htm#i498306

"Using Easy Connect Naming on the Client

Clients can connect to a database server using easy connect naming if
the following conditions are met:

*         Oracle Database 10g Net Services software installed on the
client.

*         Oracle TCP/IP protocol support on both the client and database
server

*         No features requiring a more advanced connect descriptor are
required

For large or complex environments where advanced features, such as
connection pooling
<http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14212/glos
sary.htm#i997500> , external procedure
<http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14212/glos
sary.htm#i434248>  calls, or Heterogeneous Services
<http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14212/glos
sary.htm#i434257> , which require additional connect information, are
desired, easy connect naming is not suitable. In these cases, another
naming method is recommended."

IMPORTANT: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and
proprietary to ECtel Ltd. They are intended for the named recipient(s) only. If
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.