Re: shutdown password protected listener

  • From: "Mark Brinsmead" <pythianbrinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 21:13:41 -0700

You need to put everything in a single invokation of LSNRCTL.  Like this:

#!/bin/sh
PWD=${2}

case "$1" in
      'start')
              su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl start LISTENER_ORCL"

      'stop')
              su - oracle -c "/usr/local/bin/stop_listener $PWD"

/usr/local/bin/stop :

#!/bin/sh

/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl << EOF
  set current_listener LISTENER_ORCL
  set password ${1}
  stop
EOF

Alternatively, you could just find the process ID for the listener, and kill
it...

On 1/2/07, Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How do I shutdown the LISTENER with a password in a script.  I have this
default script called "oracle".

It starts and stops the databases and listener.  When I changed the
default
listener settings for security reasons starting the listener is easy, it
does not require the password.  However shutting down down the listener is
the problem.

PWD=${2}

case "$1" in
        'start')
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl start
LISTENER_ORCL"

        'stop')
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl set
current_listener
LISTENER_ORCL"
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl set password
${2}"
                su - oracle -c "/oracle_home/bin/lsnrctl stop"

this last command fails.  It points to the default listener LISTENER. Not
the correct listener,
i.e. LISTENER_ORCL.

How do I shutdown a password protected listener thru a shell script?

thanks.

Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead
  Senior DBA,