setting v$session.program from perl

  • From: Greg Norris <spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 10:11:47 -0600

A stupid question for Jared (or whoever ;-)...

I'm starting to play around with Perl DBI/DBD, and I was wondering how
to set the value for V$SESSION.PROGRAM.  Basically, I'd like it to
show something like "MyStupidApp" instead of "perl.exe".  Metalink has
a document (147413.1) describing how to do this for Java apps, so I'm
assuming that it's possible under Perl as well.  I've done a fair
amount of googling with no joy, however. :(

I realize that I can manipulate the MODULE and ACTION columns via
DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO, and I'll use that as a fallback if necessary,
but I'd greatly prefer to manipulate PROGRAM in this case.

Thanx!