RE: setting v$session.program from perl

  • From: "Reidy, Ron" <Ron.Reidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx>, "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:21:37 -0700

perldoc DBD::Oracle

Search for ora_module_name

-----------------
Ron Reidy
Lead DBA
Array BioPharma, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Greg Norris
Sent: Thursday, January 20, 2005 9:12 AM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: setting v$session.program from perl

A stupid question for Jared (or whoever ;-)...

I'm starting to play around with Perl DBI/DBD, and I was wondering how
to set the value for V$SESSION.PROGRAM.  Basically, I'd like it to
show something like "MyStupidApp" instead of "perl.exe".  Metalink has
a document (147413.1) describing how to do this for Java apps, so I'm
assuming that it's possible under Perl as well.  I've done a fair
amount of googling with no joy, however. :(

I realize that I can manipulate the MODULE and ACTION columns via
DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO, and I'll use that as a fallback if necessary,
but I'd greatly prefer to manipulate PROGRAM in this case.

Thanx!
--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

This electronic message transmission is a PRIVATE communication which =
contains
information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is =
intended=20
to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are =
not the=20
intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, =
distribution=20
or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please notify =
the
sender  of the delivery error by replying to this message, or notify us =
by

//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l