RE: rman centralized backup server

  • From: <Paula_Stankus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BSpears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:46:12 -0400

Robert Freeman rocks in the area of backups/recoveries and RMAN!  Don't =
think I would state otherwise.

I have been storing 8.0, 8.1, 9.0, 9.2 backups and recoveries in one =
catalog and have successfully backed up and recovered. =20
My OS versions are all in-sync.  This is the first time they woudn't be. =
My database versions sometimes require a different rman binary or a =
different catalog version. =20