RE: restore archivelog all validate; gives RMAN-06025

  • From: "Chitale, Hemant K" <Hemant-K.Chitale@xxxxxx>
  • To: "woody.mckay@xxxxxxxxx" <woody.mckay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 01:28:04 +0000

Oracle may retain archivelogs older than the retention window – it does a purge
only if the FRA is running out of space.
That can explain why some servers have older archivelogs – simply their FRAs
are larger relative to the sizes of the backups and archivelogs.

You should be running a “CROSSCHECK BACKUP OF ARCHIVELOG ALL” {not “crosscheck
archivelog all”} because you want to mark Expired the *backups* of archivelogs
that are not available to restore from.
Once you do a CROSSCHECK and find that some backups are marked EXPIRED, you
might want to DELETE EXPIRED BACKUP OF ARCHIVELOG ALL

Hemant K Chitale