Re: restore archivelog all validate; gives RMAN-06025

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: woody.mckay@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 18:43:51 -0500

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Everything seems to be working
properly. You have a recovery window of 7 days and are asking for archive logs
14 days old, and they are gone as they should be. I don't actually see a
problem here.

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 7, 2015, at 6:27 PM, Woody McKay <woody.mckay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, ( note, cross posted in Oracle community Database Backup and Recovery )

I'm not super-versed with RMAN but am trying to resolve an rman issue on a
development server. The DB environment can be rebuilt if needed, but I'd
like to try and resolve this with a crosscheck command, etc.

The weekly rman backup script looks like:
run {
configure controlfile autobackup on;
configure controlfile autobackup format for device type disk to '%F';
configure retention policy to recovery window of 7 days;
allocate channel d1 type disk maxpiecesize=5G;
backup as compressed backupset incremental level 0 cumulative tag 'L0'database
plus archivelog delete all input;
restore database validate;
release channel d1;
delete noprompt obsolete;
restore database check logical validate;
backup validate database;
restore archivelog from time 'SYSDATE-14' validate;
host 'copy C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora
C:\oradata\fast_recovery_area\';
host 'copy C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN\sqlnet.ora
C:\oradata\fast_recovery_area\';
host 'copy C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN\listener.ora
C:\oradata\fast_recovery_area\';
host 'copy C:\oracle\product\12.1.0\dbhome_1\database\pwd*.ora
C:\oradata\fast_recovery_area\';
}
list incarnation of database;
list backup summary;
list backup by file;
list recoverable backup of database;
report schema;
report need backup redundancy=3;
report need backup recovery window of 3 days;

The command "restore archivelog from time 'SYSDATE-14' validate;" is throwing
the below error:

RMAN> restore archivelog from time 'SYSDATE-14' validate;
Starting restore at 07-OCT-15
using channel ORA_DISK_1
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-00571: ===========================================================
RMAN-03002: failure of restore command at 10/07/2015 15:15:49
RMAN-06026: some targets not found - aborting restore
RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 38 and
starting SCN of 4330735 found to restore
RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 37 and
starting SCN of 4324802 found to restore
RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 36 and
starting SCN of 4311903 found to restore
RMAN-06025: no backup of archived log for thread 1 with sequence 35 and
starting SCN of 4230358 found to restore

Note, that "RMAN> restore archivelog from time 'SYSDATE-1' validate;" does
work successfully.

I did find and removed on obsolete backup set, but that didn't resolve the
06026 error.

I tried "crosscheck archivelog all;", but that does not resolve the 06026
error during the restore archivelog validate.

Is there a crosscheck command or other command that would sync the catalog
and disk to resolve the 06026?

Thanks for all replies.

--
Sincerely,