RE: relation shared pool elements phys mem

  • From: J.Velikanovs@xxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 16:59:44 +0300

>The large pool is an optional memory structure used for Shared Server
(MTS),
>RMAN and PQ operations. It has to be big enough to hold everything it may
>need as it has no LRU list.
>
>You should try to discover what sessions are running out of memory and
why.
>(Metalink ID:1070975.6 may help).
Hi,

I have related question to the list,
.
Possible we have detected the session.
Question is: How to detect what is the reason of leaking memory?
.
I have some indirect ideas, may be some of you better to offer:
1. Check session for opened cursors:
select
        n.name,
        s.value
from
        v$sesstat s,
        v$statname n
where s.statistic#=n.statistic#
and n.name = 'opened cursors current'
and s.sid=<SID number>;

select HASH_VALUE, count(*) from V$OPEN_CURSOR
where sid=<SID number>
group by  HASH_VALUE;
.
2. Check UGA/PGA sizes for particular session
select
        n.name,
        s.value
from
        v$sesstat s,
        v$statname n
where s.statistic#=n.statistic#
and n.name in (
'session pga memory',
'session pga memory max'  ,
'session uga memory'      ,
'session uga memory max'
)
and s.sid = <SID number>
/

3. ????

But still not enough for telling that is the root cause of leaking.
Can any body add some hints to the list?

Thanks in advance,
Jurijs
+371 9268222 (+2 GMT)
Thank you for teaching me.