Re: recovery hangs with multiple channels using VERITAS.

  • From: "Dennis Williams" <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:08:48 -0500

Syed,

If you haven't, I would advise you to start by contacting Oracle. Years ago
I had something similar. I was trying an RMAN recovery (fortunately test). A
network-attached drive was involved. Oracle said: "well, take that drive out
of the picture." I tried that and it worked. Then I went back to the network
guy with proof. Turned out that even if you open a single channel in RMAN it
opens several paths through the network.

Good luck
Dennis Williams