Re: recovery hangs with multiple channels using VERITAS.

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:28:03 +0300

Hello List,

Last night, I was able to open the database with resetlogs after the
incomeplte recover.
VERITAS provided the quick fix to resolve the issue.

Thanks for your time people.

On 8/28/06, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 8/28/06, Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While restoring the complete database, using VERITAS manager,
> allocating 10 channels, giving nighmares. When allocating 10 channels
> for recovery, only 7 of the session getting active state and the rest
> waiting for TAPE. The problem is that when one of the 7 sessions,
> finishes restoring the datafile, other active sessions, just hangs and
> stop at 96% completion.

*) have you tried restoring with a reduced number of channels, say, 5?

*) have you looked on the veritas support site?
Here's a tip - use google to search the veritas site, as their own
search engine is nearly useless

eg.  google search string: rman oracle multiple channels
site:support.veritas.com

*) have you checked on ML?

--
Jared Still

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA
Banque Saudi Fransi,
Saudi Arabia

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."