RE: question on required rpm for rhel5 for 11.2

  • From: "D Kenl" <dkenlwork@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <maureen.english@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 13:38:51 -0500

I think it depends on what 11.2 version you're on?  Page 2-13 of the Linux
Install Guide notes that the 32-bit packages (except the gcc one) are not
required only if your database is 11.2.0.2+.  Metalink Note 880989.1
(Requirements for Installing Oracle 11gR2 RDBMS on RHEL (and OEL) 5 on
AMD64/EM64T) also makes this distinction.  Metalink Note 169706.1 (Oracle
Database (RDBMS) on Unix AIX,HP-UX,Linux,Mac OS X,Solaris,Tru64 Unix
Operating Systems Installation and Configuration Requirements Quick
Reference 8.0.5 to 11.2) does not, but it does say to refer to Metalink Note
880989.1 for specifics, so I think you're safe not installing the 32-bit
version packages except for gcc_32bit.

Deborah