Re: Tools/monitoring question

  • From: kyle Hailey <kylelf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pete.sharman@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:23:25 -0700

For global perspective tools :
This looks cool http://jagjeet.wordpress.com/2012/09/20/sql-dashboard-v2/ !

Almost never use http://dboptimizer.com/ash-masters-2/ashmon/ these days.
Wrote a  web enabled version which code wise is much simpler though I
haven't hammered on it much,
W-ASH<http://dboptimizer.com/2011/10/31/w-ash-web-enabled-ash/>,
web enabled ASH and it works on Standard Edition.

What I use most is
lab128<http://dboptimizer.com/2013/02/17/lab-128-expert-dbas-secret-weapon/>which
is super fast!  It requires a payfor license. It also works on
standard edition.

For most people who want something free and fast I point them to
MOATS<http://blog.tanelpoder.com/2011/03/29/moats-the-mother-of-all-tuning-scripts/>by
Tanel and Adrian.

I keep a list of tools at
http://dboptimizer.com/2011/01/12/best-oracle-peformance-tools and am
always looking for feedback on peoples experiences.

- Kyle Hailey
http://dboptimizer.com