problem consistently getting explain plan with 10046 trace

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:20:02 +0000

We have found that we do not always get the 10046 explain plan that gives us
the LIO and PIO for each row source with a level 12 report.

This is what we are doing.

alter session set time_statistics=true
alter session set events '10046 trace name context forever, level 12';
<run stuff>
alter session set events '10046 trace name context off';

We find that we get the plan more often if we do a level 8 and if we exit the
session the session before running tkprof.

tkprof *.trc *.rep sys=no explain=<username/password>

I don't really want the 'explain plan' you get in sqlplus. I need the one
specific to the trace file that gives LIOs and PIOs by row source.

anyone else having this problem?