Re: password complexity -- implementing security changes

  • From: "Ethan Post" <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Coleman, Kelley (HAC)" <Kelley.Coleman@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:13:58 -0600

Perhaps we should look at this like logical IO's. Password resets seem
like a minor thing, but consider all the 10's of thousands of
helpdesks all resetting 10's of thousands of passwords, all that adds
up to a big loss of productivity. Perhaps we don't need the GDP to
grow, we just need to ensure password attempts is at least 50 (sorry
for my US analogical *warning possible made up word* bias).
We Oracle DBA's make up something like 40% of the market, just think
about it, Oracle-L could change the entire world economy overnight..or
not.