RE: !! oracle startup problem - need help

  • From: "Ellis R. Miller" <sartre1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 17:43:28 -0600

David,

Assuming the spfile is corrupt, that is, a startup nomount or mount will not
work, startup the database using a physical init.ora file then convert the
init.ora file to a spfile after the database is back up:

http://www.dbasupport.com/oracle/ora9i/spfile.shtml

If necessary, use the sample physical init.ora file provided by Oracle as
part of the install, initsid.ora, and alter these basic parameters as
necessary.

Ellis

PS The instance is started up and will try to read the spfile even if
startup nomount or mount is used as the instance is the memory structure of
the database, specifically, the SGA and PGA.