Re: oracle server specification.

  • From: "David Sharples" <davidsharples@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gleissonbr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:49:43 +0100

not enough info really, you could put 25 users on XE if they dont do
much.What type of system, TPS, estimated memory usage.

Is you 9i server underpowered?

On 13/06/06, Gleisson Henrique <gleissonbr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey List !

I hope everybody is well and enjoying the WorldCup - Germany 2006. At my company, we will finally start migrating from 9i to 10G. Since I am a developer and not a DBA, I don't have that much confidence to recommend the specifications for a server to my boss. Could you guys give me some hints of what would be a good set of specification for two servers: one would be a database server and the other would be a application services server? We are about 25 users connect to the database (not heavy usage) and the servers have to have windows OS.

Thanks a lot guys !

gleisson henrique