Re: ora_snp locks offline datafile

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: alever@xxxxxxxxx, "Oracle Freelists.org" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 17:36:21 +0800

The SNP processes do get restarted automatically.

Whenever I do a "kill -9" for the snp process, I check and double check the PID -- I don't want to kill the pmon
or smon or lgwr or dbwr process. Those don't restart automatically.

Hemant
At 12:50 AM Saturday, Alessandro Vercelli wrote:
....I got late in taking that step, as the three ora_snp instances released by themselves the locked filesystem....just for curiosity: if I had killed the snp processes, whould they restarted automatically or should I have restarted them?

Thanks,

Alessandro

> If there are no jobs currently running in DBA_JOBS_RUNNING,  you can "kill
> -9"  the snp processes.
>
> Hemant

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital