Re: open cursors for Oracle Forms application sessions

  • From: Neil Kodner <nkodner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 09:06:14 -0400

Problem is that because of unemployment and the economy, our user base has
expanded beyond our wildest expectations(set about 8 years ago based on 20
years of historical data).  We've had to ramp up the number of desktops
using our app and are having trouble keeping up with the demand for PGA.
 Its not uncommon for our 32GB box to have only about 500mb ram left and be
swapping 30GB.

Our forms sessions typically use about 20-25MB each.  Our delphi, c# and
java sessions seem to want much less PGA.  I'm doing what I can to relieve
the strain placed on the box, and all of the swapping due to our RAM being
pegged all of the time.

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Goulet, Richard <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx