RE: non-RAC service names ?

  • From: "CRISLER, JON A (ATTCORP)" <JC1706@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "OKH" <okh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <cjnewman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:21:07 -0500

That was the problem with my test- I was using a non-default port so dynamic
registration did not work.

Here is what worked for me:

The trick is-

1)      Update service names parameter for db to include the additional service
name  (service1, service 2, etc)

2)      Update the parameter LOCAL_LISTENER=LISTENER (or whatever the listener
name is)

3)      Update the tnsnames.ora to include the definition of the local listener-

LISTENER =

  (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = hostname)(PORT = 9101))