Re: new metalink takes a while to see my SRs

  • From: Rodd Holman <rodd.holman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:03:47 -0500

I've seen similar performance lags on my SR's updating from waiting on client status to 1st callback status. I'm trying to be a good customer support user and stay within the flash app, but I am really getting frustrated with quirks. Of course, it probably doesn't help that my desktop is a Centos 5.3 x86_64. I'm definitely NOT switching to Windows just to use My Oracle Support better.

Rodd Holman

Jared Still wrote:
It wasn't stated clearly by the OP, but it seems that the problem /was/ with My Oracle Support.

The OP stated that Flash was in use, which is not used with MetaLink.

So, don't have your hope too high for improved performance.

Every 'upgrade' to the Oracle Support site seems to have had
a significant performance decrease.

You may recall that prior to being rewritten in Apex, MetaLink was much faster.

Jared Still
Home Page: http://jaredstill.com