Re: moving flash_recovery_area

  • From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 13:01:44 -0600

The db_recovery_file_dest is simply a pointer to the location you
specify.  It must exist before the database can use it.  And since the
database wants to use it immediately it must exist before you start the
database.

Since the same db_recovery_file_dest can be shared by multiple
instances, and since it behaves exactly like any other DIRECTORY object,
it is not created by Oracle.