Re: looks like some web developers are getting back into 4GL environment...

  • From: amwilson@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:57:14 +0800

I suspect many on this list may have a problem with some of the attitudes
surrounding this particular methodology.

Eg:

"We took a pretty radical stand: Stored procedures and all things that make
your database clever are evil"
- David Heinemeier Hansson
Creator, Ruby on Rails

http://news.com.com/Ruby+on+Rails+chases+simplicity+in+programming/2100-1007_3-
5920169.html?tag=nefd.lede

A LOT of things go over well with Java developers, OODBMS being an example.  I
think the data management crowd may have a slightly different view of this
latest, greatest solution to all our programming problems...

[Disclaimer: I develop in Java too!]

cheers,
Anthony